Renew Universal is a light-cured single-component dental bonding agent that combines etching, priming and bonding in one bottle. A novel universal dental adhesive containing a unique combination of functional monomers such as 10-MDP and 4-META. It has excellent bonding capabilities to dentin and cut / under-cut enamel. As a universal adhesive, Renew Universal has been designed to be fully compatible with light-cured and dual-cured
composite materials. Renew Universal can be used for the bonding of both direct and indirect restorations and may be used with or without phosphoric acid etchant.
1. Direct bonding of light-cured composites, compomers and ormocers to tooth structure.
2. Bonding of dual-cured core build up composites to tooth structure as long as these materials are light-cured.
3. Intraoral repair of composite, metal-based and zirconia/alumina-based restorations.
4. Intraoral repair of ceramic restorations in combination with a silane coupling agent.
5. Treatment of hypersensitive teeth. 6. Sealing of tooth preparation (cavity or abutment).
1. BONDING PROCEDURE
Cavity Preparation : Prepare tooth using standard techniques. Make sure that the temporary material is thoroughly removed from the surface. Use rubber dam for protection. Rinse and dry the prepared tooth surfaces by gently blowing with an air syringe.
2. TREATMENT OF TOOTH SURFACES
Select out of the following 3 technique options :
a) Self-etch technique : Apply Renew Universal to bur-cut enamel and dentin, without a separate etching step. Note : Non bur-cut enamel should always be treated with a 35-40% phosphoric acid gel for 10 seconds, rinsed with water for 5 seconds and gently dry.
b) Selective etching of enamel : Prior to applying Renew Universal to enamel and dentin, etch enamel only with 35-40% phosphoric acid gel for 10-15 seconds, rinse for 5 seconds and gently dry.
c) Total-etch technique : Prior to applying Renew Universal to enamel and dentin, etch enamel and dentin with 35-40% phosphoric acid gel for 10-15 seconds, rinse for 5 seconds and gently dry.
3. APPLICATION OF RENEW UNIVERSAL
a) Bottle type : Prior to dispensing, shake the bottle of Renew Universal thoroughly. Dispense a few drops in to a clean dispensing dish. Replace bottle cap immediately. Syringe type : Dispense the bonding agent on to the applicator tip. Using the disposable
b)IMMEDIATELYapply to all repaired surfaces using the disposable applicator.
c) Leave undisturbed for 10 seconds after the end of application. Renew Universal can provide sufficient. bonding strength even when dried immediately after application without
d) Dry thoroughly for 5 seconds with oil free air under MAXIMUM air pressure. Use vacuum suction to prevent splatter of the adhesive. The final result should be a thin adhesive film with a glossy surface and which does not visibly move under further air pressure.
4. LIGHT CURING : Light cure using a visible light curing unit for 20 seconds.
5. PLACEMENT OF LIGHT-CUREDCOMPOSITES/COMPOMERS : After having light- cured the adhesive, follow manufacturer’s instructions for use in order to place, contour and light-cure the composite resin material of choice.
6. FINISHING : Adjust restoration, finish and polish using standard techniques.
TREATMENT OF HYPERSENSITIVE TEETH AND IMMEDIATE DENTIN SEALING
(I) APPLICATION RENEW UNIVERSAL :
Refer to 1. BONDING PROCEDURE, 2. TREATMENT OF TOOTH SURFACES and 3. APPLICATION OF RENEW UNIVERSAL.
Wait 10 seconds before drying. Note : For the treatment of hypersensitive teeth, the self- etchtechnique is recommended.
(II) LIGHT CURING : Refer to 4. LIGHT-CURING
(III) REMOVE UN POLYMERIZED LAYER : Remove the un polymerized layer of RENEW
UNIVERSAL using a moist cotton pellet.
BisGMA, Triethylene Glycol Dimethacrylate, Urethane Dimethacrylate, 2- HEMA, Camphorquinone, Dimethyl Amino Ethyl Methacrylate, Ethyl-4 Dimethyl Amino Benzoate, Ethanol, Water, 10-Methacryloyloxydececyl Dihydrogen Phosphate, 4-META (4MET) Water, Butylated Hydroxy Toluene.